Himalayan Autumn : Along the Ganga – From Source to Plains

Prologue

I never found Oasis appealing enough to make me stay back in Pilani and I already had my share of trekking in that semester with the adventure-filled Valley of Flowers trek in August. So, there I was packing my bags for a trip to home during the extended Oasis+Diwali holiday and thinking about savoring all the festive delicacies (which is a luxury in this desert village of Pilani) after all I had promised my parents that I would be there at home for Diwali .

But fate had some other plans in store. Vishal and Kishan had asked me to plan a trip for them. I drew up several itineraries and pitched the plan before them. Perhaps, ignorance is blissful because the sheer number of possibilities overwhelmed them and it became hard for them to finalize their destination(s). Eventually, we zeroed onto rafting-camping in Rishikesh, apple trekking in Harsil-Dharali and mountain trekking into the barrenlands of Gangotri glacier region, all the way to Goumukh (cow’s snout or the opening in the glacier wall from where the mighty Ganges emerges).

The final trip plan was too tempting and I didn't want to miss this opportunity. I convinced my parents and assured them that I would somehow be there at home on the Diwali day.

Oct 22, 2011 Gangotri- Bhojbasa
Oct 24, 2011 End of the journey : Uttarkashi – Haridwar –Ujjain


No comments:

Post a Comment